If you are for your next military PCS move then surely it is going to be very stressful for most of the families. Therefore, you must make sure that all the necessary checklists for the movement must be ready with you.
One of the great tips for military members moving will be to hire the services of Ship a Car, Inc. for moving all your vehicles, which will be safely carried to your destination. SAC has been in this business for quite a sometime and can be relied upon.
During such movement, proper planning is necessary. Also, you must ensure that you have prepared all the necessary documents that are needed during the movement.
Few things to do before 3 months of the movement:
Following are the checklists for your planning that you must start well in advance before the day of your movement.
- Prepare your budget for the movement.
- Inform your landlord about your movement.
- If you need to sell your house then prepare for it.
- Try to research your new location.
- Plan how you are going to ship all your vehicle.
- Decide and list out all the items that you want to take along with you.
- Prepare all the necessary documents needed for your movement.
Documents are to be prepared:
Plenty of documentation will be needed at various stages of the movement and now is the time to make sure that they are ready.
- Make several copies of your PCS order.
- Make copies of overseas area clearance if applicable.
- Family care plan
- The ID of each member.
- Driving license.
- Immunization record of all members.
- Original birth certificates.
- All medical records.
- Naturalization paperwork.
- Marriage licenses.
- Social security cards
- All education documentation.
- Titles and deeds of all properties.
- Insurance policies
- Storage/shipping documents of your household items.
- Adoption papers
- Income tax returns.
One month before your move
As the day is coming near, the following few things must be ready before one month of your actual movement date.
- Reconfirm all your dates of movement and packing etc.
- Reconfirm all your lodging reservations.
- Arrange all documents in a folder.
- Get documents from schools.
- Fix the date of the meeting with movers.
- Decide which items will need special packing.
- List out high-value items.
- Contact car shipping companies and get a quote.
One week before your move
Now you are very close to your actual date, so be ready with the following:
- Arrange your potted plants.
- Return items rented.
- Ensure you have picked your dresses from dry cleaners.
- Plan for packed foods and empty your kitchen stores.
- Donate the items that you don’t want to carry.
- Unplug all your electronics items.
- Finalize your car shipping company and hand over your vehicles.
On the day of movement
Finally, you are well prepared for the movement but take care of the following:
- Supervise all the packers and other moving crews.
- Ensure proper air circulation in the area inside the home.
- Arrange for food for all the crew working for packing.
- Check each room and cupboards thoroughly so that no important items are left behind.
- Share the contact information of the driver carrying your stuff.
This will ensure your smooth movement to your new place.